This page is about the organisations that are present on Wildmill estate, and are there to help you enjoy your stay or assist you with any problems.
- Communities First : Old Post Office : This organisation has been set up to develop and help Wildmill improve in more ways than most. For further information contact. Tracey Everton
- Telephone : 01656 818570 or 07815 524799
- Wildmill Community Life Centre : WCLC : This organisation is the hub/centre of Wildmill, it is responsible for the running and up-keep of the Community Centre. The centre is the hive of activity which includes Martial Arts, Line Dancing, Bingo and many more for all to enjoy young and old alike. Please contact either for further information.
- Telephone : Roger Marsh: 01656 653182 ,
- Ivy Pilliner: 01656 657989 .
- If you wish to book the main hall for a private function or group activity.
- Wildmill Functions Committee : WFC : This organisation is responsible for the putting on variety shows for the community to enjoy, fetes, carnivals and coach trips especially around the Christmas period. It is the social side of Wildmill that WFC are responsible for and if you wish to promote an event please contact the following
- Telephone : Peter Evans: 07989062243 or via the WATRA office.
- Wildmill Area Tenants Residents Association : WATRA : This organisation is responsible for the assistance in helping the tenants of Wildmill, solve issues with their landlord Valleys 2 Coast (v2c). It is also for the Residents to gain information in relation the Wildmill estate as a whole. It is also responsible for keeping you all informed, tenants and residents alike of Wildmills future plans. These will affect everybody who live on our estates like tenants, leaseholders and residents. It also has on-line facilities (Computers) for use by the public at cost.
- WATRA office Telephone: 01656 661542 .
- Current chairperson: Gaynor Hayes
- Police & PCSO : Are the eyes and ears for crime detection and security of our estates. Located in the WATRA offices. They have a specific room allocated in the WATRA office for the purpose of statement taking in private. Also for the use of handing/collecting information. The current community beat officer is PC Clayton Ritchie assisted by PCSO Paul Galtry and PCSO Jenny Meadows.
- Telephone : 01656 655555 (Police station), 01656 661542 (WATRA office during shift hours).
- Youth Works : This organisation was set up to help the youngsters of Wildmill to enjoy themselves and steer then away from crime. With their own youth centre ably run by dedicated staff and with fixed opening times. The youth centre is a hive of activities as described earlier with the upbeat and colourful designs of the new Wildmill estate signs. For contact either: Debbie Bryn or Tyrone Hughes for further information or volunteers Natalie Moyle & Cal Stevenson who are also part of the Positive Future Group that is being developed for the youths of Wildmill.
- Telephone: 01656 654472
- Valleys to Coast : V2C : The main landlords for the Wildmill estates and are responsible for the maintenance of all properties under their control. With housing officers visiting the estate on a regular basis to ensure that all is correct and that tenants issues are resolved. Also, are looking after their properties as agreed within their Tenancy agreement. Wildmill has two (2) housing officers: Tyrone Powell and A. N. Other (to be named).
- Telephone: 01656 762400 (Reception). 001656 762472 (Customer Service Centre). 01656 72999/762400 (Out of hours help desk).
Bridgend County Borough Council : BCBC :
Are responsible for the weekly collections of household rubbish/waste and for the Social Service Department: It is also responsible for the maintenance of all paths and roads within it boundaries. BCBC will also collect up to three (3) bulky items free of charge, with the exception of TVs, computers and Fluorescent light tubes.
- Bridgend College and its sister college Pencoed are colleges of further education. Offering a wide range of subjects either as Full-time or Part-time courses. Fully equipped for the disabled and able bodied students alike. For further information, please contact Bridgend College Reception:
- Telephone: (01656) 302302 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org